Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Shunt is Shunting! YEAH!!!!

Cece had her neurosurgery appointment follow-up today....and...she rocked it! Her shunt seems to be doing exactly what we/she need(s) it to do. Her head circumference is still in the 97th percentile, but the doc said she is not concerned about that at all...she'll grow into it. Her next follow-up with them is on January 10th.

You know what's so cool about this shunt thing is that's it's so "controlable"...and anyone who knows me, knows I like that factor. If she needs more pressure...dial it down...if she needs less pressure...dail it up. The doc was also able to "flush" it just by pressing on a certain spot on it...amazing.

I'm anxious for her appointment next week with the Early Intervention lady. She comes to the house to evaluate CeCe's needs and then we start in-home treatments based on that evaluation...pretty awesome.

So we start the new year soon and I have much to reflect on...I need to get my head together and really think about resolutions (or not). I kind of feel like we are still celebrating Thanksgiving with all I have to be thankful for. To that end, I've been asked if I plan to continue this blog in the new year and I do...it's cathartic, really and I've found myself constructing posts along the way when something of note occurs....so, yeah, I'll keep it up.

Anyway, I'll work on something clever and meaningful for next post...or, I'll just try and post something funny! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by this morning, I enjoy talking with you. SOO glad to hear everything went well today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for shunts that behave themselves! So glad things are going well, and happy to hear the blog will live on!

    ReplyDelete