Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We've had a bit of a scare.

I didn't post anything on Saturday about this, but we heard CeCe's stridor return a bit that night, and it scared the heck out of us. In addition, her incision started to look a little bit different and we were worried it was the beginning of an infection.

Brian took her to the neuro today and he said the incision looked that way becasue the surgical steri strips were irritating it...really no big deal.

About the stridor...he did say that it "may come and go" and does not neccessarily mean the Chiari is symptomatic (i.e. that we are back where we started) but we do have to be on alert for all of the same things we were before to make sure we don't miss any signs or symptoms. He said that kids can have a stridor until they outgrow it at 2-3 years of age but that we still can't rule out a trachesotomy and/or feeding tube. Just like everything else wth SB...wait...and...see.

She has a follow-up appointment with her ENT on Monday and he may decide to scope her again then. She hates it of course, but she is so tolerent each and every time. Let's all hope he says she's rocking it too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I despise wait and see. It's the SB story. Hoping for the best!