Friday, February 22, 2013

Forgive me father, for I have sinned...

It has been 4 MONTHS since my last post.  Here's the abridged version of what's gone on at Casa de Huskey since October 2012.

October/November-So, I got let from my job.  I kept showing up at of habit and they kept saying "You don't work here anymore!" But as with most things in life, God had put me in his Silver Linings Playbook at Quaterback and after 2 weeks of shock and devastation-the fog lifted to reveal a gift...time with my family during the holiday season.  I attended school parties without the reluctant acquiesce of a workaholic boss. Birthday party planning (CeCe's 2nd) and Christmas shopping became a pleasure rather than a chore to cram in between on-line sneakiness at work and bath-bedtime after hours at home.  The wrapping part still stinks--no way around that, I guess.

December-So, I honestly believe that my home is held together exclusively with caulk, paint and spackle.  I am now a fiend with a caulking gun.  I can do it standing on my head, holding a two year old's hand, and while cooking dinner--all at the same time.  In short, I got to me a Mom.  I could have my own show on HGTV.

Speaking of TV--I've never realized all the crap that's available during daytime TV hours.  Exactly how many channels bought the rights to freakin' Law & Order, anyway.  And, to that, is it necessary for me to watch murder/crime scenes as I overindulge in my morning bowl of Honeynut Cheerios?  Tone it down, people!  I shouldn't have to worry about changing the channel at 9am for fear my 2 and 4 year olds will be exposed to ANYTHING shown on Fox News, Lifetime, or (Lord, help me) BRAVO!  Our daytime hours were relegated to HGTV, Hallmark, and Food Network. Sadly, my beloved TLC didn't make the cut due to their insistence to show and promote shows about gypsy weddings & the Vegas Strip(pers).  Not to mention shows with live labor and delivery televised from dawn to dusk.  So, to TLC execs, I say ENOUGH with "A Baby Story", already!  But, I digress.

Back to December-We forged on thru it making many pajama'ed trips out to view "Chrissssmas Lights" with Caroline counting down the days with her chocolate filled advent calendar.  The BIG DAY finally arrived...and what was the best gift...A great big box of BOOGERS candy (yeah, they were THAT gross) that Santa brought Caroline.  "He sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake..." And the lesser known verse..."He knows when you are picking your nose, so stop it for goodness sake".  NOT her favorite gift.  Her stubborn pouty face still appears whenever we, her loving parents,mention it (which is often).

January-Well, January passed without incident...Ohhhhhhh, wait a minute...I got a job!  I'm back in the world of contributing citizens.  And while I enjoyed my time off with the fam, I'm happy to be back in the workplace...so far, it's a place I've been thanked everyday by somebody, seemingly appreciated and where I think I just might be able to make a difference.  More details on that later...but, folks, we are on the right track!

CeCe also started hippotherapy this month...she rides once a week at Shining Hope Farm.  She talks non-stop about Sammy & Willy, her two ponies.  It's so fun to watch her ride...it's all new efforts to work her core, hips and balance.  She'll get to go thru May and I'll be sad to see it end.

February-Like sands thru the hourglass...these are the days of our lives.  Tomorrow, February 23, marks CeCe's decompression-aversary...2 years since she had her 4th surgery and last hospital say (EVERYBODY, KNOCK ON WOOD).  What a blessing to only attend 6 month follow-up visits and leave with only another appointment in 6 months.  At her last Uro appt....her kidneys and bladder were perfect...no reflux and no UTI's since last fall!  Woot Woot!

In addition to all of that, we are already scheduled for our 30 month follow-up at CHOP.  So, back north we will go in June.  She is going to BLOW.THEM.AWAY.

So, that's it....thank you for all your continued prayers and I'll be better about keeping you posted!

PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. She will absolutely blow them away!! Great update...keep em coming! Big hugs from friends down south!

    ReplyDelete